Intranet services allow you to create controlled access to a location which may be on our site or on your web site (the choice depends only on your level of comfort). The Intranet Service is chargeable and depends on volume occupied, upload and download volumes and number of username/password pairs. A typical modest access site with 200mb space and 50mb upload/download volume will cost $10 per month.
Access to Intranet
Access to the Intranet area is via a normal web address (typically www.mydomain.com/intranet or private or clients. The first thing that happens before any data is displayed is that a login prompt is displayed. Assuming this is succesfully passed you will see a web interface inviting you to enter the Intranet area.
The Intranet service allows you perform the following functions:
- Create directories in your secure space which are automatically assigned the same protection levels.
- Upload files - which may be web files or any other type of file.
- Download files
- Delete files and directories
If the files being uploaded are web files then as you navigate through the Intranet they will be displayed in your browser, otherwise they will be displayed in a directory listing format each line of which may be clicked to download or view the file.
You can create any number of Intranet areas each of which can have one or more username and passwords to allow access.
Typical Intranet Service Uses
ntranet Services have many uses of which the following are examples:
- Intra company access - secure space for internal company information.
- Controlled access to sensitive information - typically each with separate space but could share a common space
- Document/file exchange with clients
- Archival material - let us back up your files off-site automatically.
- Web Testing - build your webs and test them thoroughly before finally publishing. Let colleagues and clients view them - before its too late.